The JFR (Jim) McGeough Resource Recovery Facility accepts the following waste from households, Councils and commercial customers:
All solid waste is accepted at the facility. No liquid waste or hazardous waste can be accepted.
Clean greenwaste can be accepted at a discounted disposal rate for processing into mulch. Clean greenwaste includes:
- Garden prunings (excluding lawn clippings).
- Tree stumps
Greenwaste must be free from rubbish and inorganic contaminants. Lawn clippings are not accepted.
Free recycling services are available at the JFR (Jim) McGeough Resource Recovery Facility for member Council residents for separated:
- Cardboard (flattened)
- Compact fluorescent lights
- Electronic waste (computers, televisions, printers). Commercial quantities not accepted.
- Household batteries (A, AA, AAA, C, D, button batteries, 6V & 9V)
- Lead acid batteries (cars and motorbikes)
- Mobile phones
- Motor oil (up to 20 litres or 20kg - please bring in containers)
- Plastic (recycling symbols 1-7)
- Printer cartridges
- Scrap metal
There is no requirement to pay for waste disposal to take advantage of our free recycling services.
Recycling at a fee is available for separated:
- Mattresses & ensembles
- Domestic gas bottles
Residents are entitled to disposed up to 20 litres or 20 kilograms of household hazardous waste FREE OF CHARGE at the JFR (Jim) McGeough Resource Recovery Facility. Items accepted includes:
- Batteries (lead-acid and dry-cell)
- Compact fluorescent lights and tubes
- Engine coolants and glycols
- Fire extinguishers (non-halon only)
- Flammable liquids (e.g. fuels and hydrocarbons)
- Flammable solids
- General household chemicals (e.g. cleaning products)
- Heavy metal compounds
- Inorganic oxidising agents (e.g. pool chlorine)
- Mercury (e.g. thermometres)
- Organic peroxides
- PCB materials
- Smoke detectors
Problematic / Special Wastes
Special wastes are accepted on a fee for service basis for specialised disposal.
- LPG gas cylinders
1. Asbestos must be presented by the customer in the following form:
- Asbestos sheets must be wetted down before being wrapped.
- Securely wrapped in polyethylene (black plastic) with no asbestos exposed or able to escape.
- No more than 1 sheet of asbestos in each bundle.
- No more than three sheets of asbestos per customer.
- Packaged so that it can be lifted by the customer. Customers should be prepared to do their own unloading.
2. Asbestos not meeting any of the above requirements will be refused entry, and the following actions taken:
- A photograph taken of the vehicle (including registration) and asbestos.
- The customer encouraged to return as soon as possible with the asbestos appropriately presented.
3. Customers will be required to unload the asbestos by hand onto a pallet or into a skip bin under the supervision of Transfer Station staff, taking care not to damage anything being delivered or already on the pallet or in the skip bin. Customers should be prepared to do their own unloading.