Our service commitment:
The Western Metropolitan Regional Council is committed to providing you with the best possible customer service. This charter outlines the standards of service you can expect when engaging with the Western Metropolitan Regional Council in person, on the phone and online. This includes when you visit the West Metro Recycling Centre or interact with our staff at the office or elsewhere.
What are our services?
- West Metro Recycling Centre: operates at Brockway Rd, Shenton Park as a waste transfer station and community recycling centre. Open for local government, commercial and residential use.
- Western Metropolitan Regional Council Administration: located on Churchill Ave, Subiaco.
- Verge Valet: contract management and community communications for pre-booked bulk and green waste verge collections.
- Community Waste Education + Events: Waste Watchers Events, Community stalls, Facility Tours, School Waste Education Days, low waste event equipment loan and Bin Tagging.
- Digital Communications and Education: Website, Social Media and Email Correspondence to answer questions and communicate the latest in waste and recycling and WMRC services.
- Community Recycling Stations: units to collect specific waste items at publicly accessible locations within the community.
- Recycling Hotline 9384 6711: answers to your waste and recycling questions.
- Consultancy and advocacy: Using our expertise and detailed knowledge to assist our Member and Participating Councils.
Who are our customers?
- Local Government, commercial and residential customers who use the West Metro Recycling Centre.
- Councillors, staff and residents of our Member and Participating Councils.
- Councillors, staff and residents of other surrounding local governments and regional councils.
- Community members and organisations with whom we engage at events, tours and schools.
- State Government
- Our own staff
- Quality and reliability of our services.
- Transparency of our service delivery.
- Excellence in all that we do.
- Value for money.
- Sound risk management.
- Collaboration and partnerships.
- Community education and engagement.
We commit to:
- A safe working environment.
- Consistent, efficient, friendly and reliable customer service.
- Open, two-way, respectful, professional communication.
- Valuing your time and money.
- Following protocol and procedure where appropriate.
- Responding to and anticipating customer needs and expectations.
- Ongoing community consultation and engagement.
- Continuously improving our waste reduction and recycling performance.
We strive to:
- Provide safe, attentive, efficient, and friendly service at our Recycling Centre.
- Promptly answer all waste and recycling questions through our Recycling Hotline.
- Provide engaging, educational community events and tours.
- Provide relevant, helpful, up-to-date, information about waste management and our services through our user-friendly website.
- Provide informative, engaging, reliable and relevant content on our social media
- Acknowledge and a reply to emails in a timely manner.
- Answer or return your phone calls promptly.
Our staff will:
- Take personal responsibility and accountability.
- Always do their best to assist you in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate high levels of internal and external customer service.
Implementation, Improvement & Innovation
We aim to fulfil our Customer Service Charter every day in all that we do. We seek to reassess and improve our Customer Service Charter along with our Strategic Community Plan on a regular basis. Whether you are a resident, business, council or staff member you have an important role in helping us to improve our customer service standards. We encourage open communication, invite feedback, compliments, suggestions and complaints. We will routinely consult with all customers on a regular basis. Your feedback provides us with valuable information and an opportunity to improve and develop our services.
Thank you 😊