The Western Australian Freedom of Information Act 1992 (the FOI Act) gives individuals the right to apply for access to documents held by State Public Sector agencies.
Agencies are required to ensure that personal information in documents is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
It is the aim of the WMRC to make information available whenever possible outside the FOI process, however if information is not routinely available, the FOI Act 1992 provides the right for individuals to apply for documents held by the agency. Please refer to our Freedom of Information Statement for details.
Lodging an Application
An application for FOI must:
- be in writing – please complete the Freedom of Information Form as part of this process
- give enough information so that the documents requested can be identified
- give an Australian address to which notices can be sent
- be lodged at the WMRC with any application fee payable.
Applications should be addressed to:
The FOI Officer
Suite 2, 317 Churchill Avenue
SUBIACO WA 6008
Applications will be acknowledged in writing and applicants will be notified of the decision within 45 days.
A scale of fees and charges set under the Freedom of Information Act Regulations 1993 are as follows:
- Personal information about the applicant N/A
- Application fee (non-personal information) $30.00
- Charge for time dealing with the application (per hour, or pro rata) $30.00
- Access time supervised by staff (per hour, or pro rata) $30.00
- Photocopying staff time (per hour, or pro rata) $30.00
- Per photocopy $00.20
Deposits may be required on certain applications.
For impecunious applicants or those issued with prescribed pensioner concession cards, the application fee, and any charges payable can be reduced or waived.