Domestic recyclables refers to any recyclable household item that can be placed in your yellow-lidded kerbside bin, as well as recyclables not suitable for kerbside collection (including hazardous waste). Accepted domestic recyclables include:
- Aerosols (empty deodorant sprays, oils, paints, insect repellents, etc)
- Aluminium cans (empty)
- Cardboard (flattened)
- Compact fluorescent lights
- Electronic waste (ONLY specified items)
- Household batteries (A, AA, AAA, C, D, button batteries, 6V & 9V)
- Lead acid batteries (cars and motorbikes)
- Gas cylinders (small household)
- Glass bottles and jars (clean and empty, broken glass also accepted)
- Mattresses and ensembles*
- Mobile phones
- Motor oil (up to 20 litres or 20kg – please bring in containers)
- Paint containers
- Plastic bottles & containers with lids removed (clean & empty)
- Printer cartridges
- Scrap metal
- Steel cans (clean and empty)
- *The WMRC only accepts domestic quantities of recyclables. If your household waste exceeds the limits outlined above, you may be charged a fee.
- The WMRC cannot accept recyclables from businesses or commercial sources. Visit Planet Ark’s Business Recycling website for commercial waste recycling and disposal options.
- Mattresses and ensembles incur a fee.
Questions? Contact the West Metro Recycling Centre on 9384 2544 or the Recycling Hotline on 9384 6711.