The West Metro Recycling Centre offers a variety of free and paid recycling and disposal services for its Member and Participating Councils.
Free entry – Member and Participating Councils
From 1 July 2020, Member Council residents gain free entry into the West Metro Recycling Centre with their Resident Access Pass or proof of residence. This applies to residents and rate payers of these Councils:
From 26 August residents of Town of Cambridge also have free entry into the West Metro Recycling Centre with proof of residence.
Free services – Member and Participating Councils
FREE drop off and recycling – Member & Participating Councils
- Aluminium & Steel Cans – clean and empty
- Quality Clothing
- Cardboard – flattened
- E-Waste – TVs, computers, mobile phones, electronics and accessories
- Household Hazardous Waste – including aerosols, batteries – car and household, CFL globes and tubes, fire-extinguishers, flares, gas bottles, household chemicals, motor oil, paint, scrap metal and smoke detectors.
- Glass bottles and jars – clean and empty
- Paper – not shredded
- Plastic bottles and containers – clean and empty (lids off)
- Polystyrene – bulk
- Sporting goods – as a drop-off point for Fair Game, we accept clean, quality used sporting equipment for kids in need.
- Stationery -as a drop-off point for Give Write, we accept new / near new or unused stationery items for schools, families and kids in need.
Entry fees – non-Member Councils
From 1 July 2020, a $25 Entry Fee will be payable by non-Member Council residents each visit, whether using paid or ‘free’ services.* Fees for paid services are in the table below and are in addition to the $25 Entry Fee. This fee is to assist with covering the cost of our community recycling and disposal services currently borne by our Member and Participating Councils and is in line with Entry Fees charged at other Local Government waste facilities. Click Resident Access Pass for more information.
If you have queries about this Entry Fee, please contact your Council.
*Entry fee doesn’t apply if you are only dropping off e-waste or Household Hazardous Waste.
2020/21 Fees & Charges
Non Member Councils & Commercials
Questions? Email us or call the Recycling Hotline (08)9384 6711.