The WMRC accepts the following e-waste items from the general public (domestic quantities only). This service is free of charge for member and participating council residents:
- CD drives and floppy drives
- Circuit boards and other circuitry
- Christmas lights
- Computers, mouse, keyboards, hard drives and servers
- DVD players
- Electronic cables and wiring
- Fax machines
- Ipods, Ipads, tablets
- Irons (domestic)
- Microwaves (not ovens, ovens may be accepted as scrap metal please call to check on 9384 2544)
- Mobile Phones
- UPS systems
- Vacuum cleaners
Is it e-waste or can it be reused?
The table below is a handy checklist to help you work out what to do with your unwanted electrical items.
|Does it still work?||Donate it to charity or post it on Buy Nothing. Check out our page of reuse options to see which charities accept electronic items.|
|Can it be repaired?||Take it to a licensed electronic repairer, or if battery-operated, try your local Repair Lab or a Repair Cafe.|
|Is it a refrigerated item?||old air conditioners, fridges and freezers can be dropped off at the West Metro Recycling Centre for safe de-gassing and recycling. A de-gassing fee applies.|
Call the Recycling Hotline 9384 6711.