Please read the set out requirements (we promise that this is the hardest part of the whole service):
- Place items on verge no earlier than the Friday prior to a Monday collection (items can be placed out on Tuesday if the Monday is a Public Holiday).
- Nice and neat – see the image below for layout tips. Placing items into separate piles helps to improve recycling rates!
- Make sure items placed on the verge align with items specified in the Verge Valet Mosman Park – Accepted Items.
- If you have one item or a lot, we don’t mind, as long as the pile doesn’t exceed 3m3.
- Non-compliance with the set out requirements might result in your items not being collected. It also puts you at risk of being fined for illegal dumping.
- Location a bit tricky? Ring the Verge Valet Collection team on 6336 7223 and provide them with instructions on where the items will be located. Alternatively, include details under special instructions in the Collection Request Form.
- This nifty service is for Mosman Park residents only. We plan to expand, so stay tuned.
How to Set Out Your Waste
Image courtesy of City of Swan.
Bulk Household Waste
|Accepted Items:*||Items NOT ACCEPTED:|
|Household furniture (no glass)||NO asbestos products|
|Bulky toys||NO hazardous materials|
|Cardboard||NO car oil and fuel|
|Small electrical goods||NO flammable or corrosive liquids|
|Floor coverings (linoleum, carpet)||NO batteries|
|Fencing materials (timber and steel only)||NO glass panels (e.g. mirrors, tabletops, window panes)|
|Timber (not garden waste)||NO tyres|
|Wire||NO bricks, rubble or concrete|
|Flower pots and garden hoses||NO building materials|
|BBQ’s (not gas bottles)|
|E-waste (TVs, computers, accessories)|
|White goods (e.g. washing machines, dryers)|
|Fridges and Freezers (doors removed)|
|*Items larger than 1.5m long or 300mm wide will not be collected.|
|Accepted items:*||Items NOT ACCEPTED:|
|Organic garden waste||NO plastic bags (please do not put garden waste in plastic bags)|
|Leaves and grass clippings (in Council provided white bags)^||NO chemically treated or painted/stained timber|
|Palm fronds||NO rocks, bricks and rubble|
|Tree branches||NO dirt, soil or sand|
|Twigs||NO flower pots or garden hoses**|
|Weeds||NO household refuse|
|Flowers||NO fencing materials**|
|*Items larger than 1.5 metres long or 300 mm wide will not be collected.||NO building materials|
|NO lawn turf|
|NO asbestos products|
|**These items can be put out as part of a Bulk Waste Collection.|
^White waste bags are available to purchase at the Town of Mosman Park Administration Office.