Please read the set out instructions below (we promise that this is the hardest part of the whole service):
- Wait for your Place Out Notification before putting anything out. Wait for an email and/or text message confirming the date your items will be collected.
- Only place items on the verge 1-3 days before your scheduled collection date. Make sure it’s all ready by 7am on the day of your scheduled collection.
- Collections are scheduled for Mondays in Mosman Park and Cottesloe (except for Public Holidays, when collections will be on Tuesdays).
- Nice and neat – see the image below for more information. Placing items into separate piles helps to improve recycling rates!
- Make sure you only put out items that are specified as accepted. See Accepted Items for the full list of what can / can’t go out.
- Whether you have one item or a lot, we don’t mind, just be sure to keep the pile no larger than 3m3. And just in case you’re confused – 3m³ is the volume equivalent to 3m x 1m x 1m. This is the maximum allowance for green waste and for bulk waste collections. Of course if you book both a green waste and a bulk waste collection you can put out 3m³ of each.
- Not following these instructions, or putting items out too early, puts you at risk of being fined for illegal dumping. It also puts you at risk of not having your items collected.
- Location a bit tricky? Ring the Verge Valet Collection team on 6336 7223 and provide them with instructions on where the items will be located instead. Alternatively, include location details in special instructions section on the Booking Request Form for Mosman Park or Cottesloe.
- This nifty service is for Mosman Park and Cottesloe residents only. We plan to expand, so stay tuned.
How to Set Out Your Waste