Please read the set-out requirements below (we promise that this is the hardest part of the whole service):
- Place items on the verge no earlier than 1-2 days before your confirmed Monday collection (or Tuesday if Monday is a Public Holiday). Make sure you have received your booking confirmation by email or text before putting your items out.
- Nice and neat – see the image below for more information. Placing items into separate piles helps to improve recycling rates!
- Make sure you only put out items that are specified as accepted. Visit Verge Valet Mosman Park – Accepted Items for the full list of what can / can’t go out.
- Whether you have one item or a lot, we don’t mind, just be sure to keep the pile no larger than 3m3. And just in case you’re confused – 3m³ is the volume equivalent to 3m by 1m by 1m. This is the maximum allowance for green waste and for bulk waste collections. Of course if you book both a green waste and a bulk waste collection you can put out 3m³ of each.
- Not following these requirements, or putting items out too early, puts you at risk of being fined for illegal dumping. It also puts you at risk of not having your items collected.
- Location a bit tricky? Ring the Verge Valet Collection team on 6336 7223 and provide them with instructions on where the items will be located instead. Alternatively, include location details in special instructions section on the Collection Request Form.
- This nifty service is for Mosman Park residents only. We plan to expand, so stay tuned.
How to Set Out Your Waste
Bulk Household Waste
|Accepted Items:*||Items NOT ACCEPTED:|
|Household furniture (no glass)||NO asbestos products|
|Bulky toys||NO hazardous materials|
|Small electrical goods||NO car oil and fuel|
|Floor coverings (linoleum, carpet)||NO flammable or corrosive liquids|
|Fencing materials (timber and steel only)||NO batteries|
|Timber (not garden waste)||NO vehicles, car bodies and car parts|
|Flower pots and garden hoses||NO building materials|
|Bulk polystyrene||NO brick, rubble and concrete|
|Air conditioners||NO glass panels (eg mirrors, tabletops, window panes)|
|BBQ’s (not gas bottles)|
|E-waste (TVs, computers, accessories)|
|White goods (washing machines, dryers)|
|Fridges and Freezers (doors removed)|
|*Items larger than 1.5m long or 300mm wide will not be collected.|
|Accepted items:*||Items NOT ACCEPTED:|
|Organic garden waste||NO plastic bags (please do not put garden waste in plastic bags)|
|Leaves and grass clippings (in Council provided white bags)^||NO chemically treated or painted/stained timber|
|Palm fronds||NO rocks, bricks and rubble|
|Tree branches||NO dirt, soil and sand|
|Twigs||NO flower pots and garden hoses**|
|Weeds||NO household refuse|
|Flowers||NO fencing materials**|
|*Items larger than 1.5 metres long or 300 mm wide will not be collected.||NO building materials|
|NO lawn turf|
|NO asbestos products|
|**These items can be collected as part of a Bulk Waste Collection.|
^Authorised Council green waste bags are available to purchase from the Town’s Administration Centre for $5.50 (inc GST).
Questions? Email email@example.com