Please read the set-out requirements below (we promise that this is the hardest part of the whole service):
- Place items on the verge no earlier than the Friday before a Monday collection (or Tuesday if Monday is a Public Holiday).
- Nice and neat – see the image below for more information. Placing items into separate piles helps to improve recycling rates!
- Make sure items for collection are included in the Verge Valet Mosman Park – Accepted Items.
- Whether you have one item or a lot, we don’t mind, just be sure to keep the pile no larger than 3m3.
- By not following these requirements, your items may not be collected, and it puts you at risk of being fined for illegal dumping.
- Location a bit tricky? Ring the Verge Valet Collection team on 6336 7223 and provide them with instructions on where the items will be located instead. Alternatively, include location details in special instructions section on the Collection Request Form.
- This nifty service is for Mosman Park residents only. We plan to expand, so stay tuned.
How to Set Out Your Waste
Bulk Household Waste
|Accepted Items:*||Items NOT ACCEPTED:|
|Household furniture (no glass)||NO asbestos products|
|Bulky toys||NO hazardous materials|
|Small electrical goods||NO car oil and fuel|
|Floor coverings (linoleum, carpet)||NO flammable or corrosive liquids|
|Fencing materials (timber and steel only)||NO batteries|
|Timber (not garden waste)||NO vehicles, car bodies and car parts|
|Flower pots and garden hoses||NO building materials|
|Bulk polystyrene||NO brick, rubble and concrete|
|Air conditioners||NO glass panels (eg mirrors, tabletops, window panes)|
|BBQ’s (not gas bottles)|
|E-waste (TVs, computers, accessories)|
|White goods (washing machines, dryers)|
|Fridges and Freezers (doors removed)|
|*Items larger than 1.5m long or 300mm wide will not be collected.|
|Accepted items:*||Items NOT ACCEPTED:|
|Organic garden waste||NO plastic bags (please do not put garden waste in plastic bags)|
|Leaves and grass clippings (in Council provided white bags)^||NO chemically treated or painted/stained timber|
|Palm fronds||NO rocks, bricks and rubble|
|Tree branches||NO dirt, soil and sand|
|Twigs||NO flower pots and garden hoses**|
|Weeds||NO household refuse|
|Flowers||NO fencing materials**|
|*Items larger than 1.5 metres long or 300 mm wide will not be collected.||NO building materials|
|NO lawn turf|
|NO asbestos products|
|**These items can be collected as part of a Bulk Waste Collection.|
^Authorised Council green waste bags are available to purchase from the Town’s Administration Centre for $5.50 (inc GST).
Questions? Email email@example.com