The WMRC remains operational and is delivering services in a way that meets the needs of our residents while limiting the spread of the disease.
What we are doing
In response to the latest COVID 19 advice:
- The WMRC Corporate Office in Subiaco is closed, with staff working remotely.
- The Recycling Hotline is still fully operational, available to take your recycling queries Monday to Friday, 8.30am – 4.30pm. Call 9384-6711. Please be patient as we have had some technical issues.
- The West Metro Recycling Centre in Shenton Park continues to operate, observing safety guidelines, but may need to limit community access in accordance with government advice in the future.
- Verge Valet continues to operate in Mosman Park, but may need to limit services, in accordance with government advice in the future.
- Bin-tagging has been cancelled.
- Face-to-face community events and workshops have been cancelled. The WMRC Community & Education Team is currently developing some online workshop material for our eager Waste Watchers, which will be ready soon! Watch this space! In the meantime, You might also want to check out our latest recruit in the war on waste – Billy the Banana Peel.
- Face-to-face School Waste Activity Days have been cancelled. The WMRC Community & Education Team is currently developing some online materials suitable for a classroom setting, due for delivery later in the year. Watch this space! In the meantime, why not check out our latest recruit in the war on waste – Billy the Banana Peel.
- As waste is an essential service, be assured that the kerbside collection of waste and recycling remains unaffected.
What you can do
- Please respect the safety protocols currently in place at the West Metro Recycling Centre – hand sanitizing, card payment only, social distancing and BYO gloves and shovels for mulch pick up. Most importantly, if feeling unwell in any way, please don’t attend the Centre.
- Given that government advice on COVID-19 is constantly updated, please check our website before visiting the West Metro Recycling Centre.
- Stay in touch! Our social media pages are a great way to stay connected to what’s emerging in the world of waste, particularly during these unprecedented times.
- Subscribe to our What’s the Word on Waste monthly newsletter for WMRC waste updates.
- Call us on the Recycling Hotline if you have any general recycling or Verge Valet queries.
- Stay at home! Let’s work together to limit the spread of this disease.
We acknowledge that there are many unknowns during this time, but we want to assure you that we’re monitoring the situation closely,
Your patience and understanding is very much appreciated.