The WMRC accepts the following items of E-waste from the general public (domestic quantities only). This service is free of charge:
- CD drives and floppy drives
- Circuit boards and other circuitry
- Computers, mouse, keyboards, hard drives and servers
- DVD players
- Electronic cables and wiring
- Fax machines
- Ipods, Ipads, tablets
- Irons (domestic)
- Microwaves (not ovens, ovens may be accepted as scrap metal please call to check on 9384 2544)
- Mobile Phones
- Printers (domestic)
- UPS systems
- Vacuum cleaners
Total Green Recycling
E-waste collected at the West Metro Recycling Centre is sent to Total Green Recycling. Total Green Recycling periodically releases their recycling statistics for WA, including what is collected at the West Metro Recycling Centre.
WMRC sent 5.6 tonnes for recycling, the 6th highest amount in WA (212 000 tonnes total).
Of all the materials recovered from e-waste, ferrous metals accounted for 84 tonnes in December, followed by plastic (accounting for almost 50 tonnes).
Total Green Recycling recycled 30,048 items, diverting all items from landfill. The following list shows the top 3 items recycled for the month, with the total number of each beside:
- Keyboards, mouse, etc. – 4201
- Flatscreen TV’s – 3920
- Computer peripherals – 3349
You can see further information about Total Green Recycling’s WA e-waste recycling statistics for December 2020 here.