The West Metro Recycling Centre is your first stop to safely dispose of items that don’t belong in your kerbside landfill or recycling bin.
- Aluminium & Steel Cans – clean and empty
- Quality Clothing
- Cardboard – flattened
- E-Waste – TVs, computers, mobile phones, electronics and accessories
- Household Hazardous Waste – including aerosols, batteries – car and household, CFL globes and tubes, fire-extinguishers, flares, gas bottles, household chemicals, motor oil, paint, scrap metal and smoke detectors.
- Glass bottles and jars – clean and empty
- Paper – not shredded
- Plastic bottles and containers – clean and empty (lids off)
- Plastic plant pots
- Polystyrene – bulk
- Sporting goods – as a drop-off point for Fair Game, we accept clean, quality used sporting equipment for kids in need.
- Stationery -as a drop-off point for Give Write, we accept new / near new stationery items for schools, families and kids in need.
The Recycling Centre accepts the following items for a fee:
- Construction and Demolition Waste
- General Household Waste – including bulk waste
- Problematic Waste – including asbestos, mattresses, tyres, refrigerated appliances.